Followers

Friday, 3 March 2017

Free on Friday 3 March plus Alcohol Ink part 1

Welcome to Crafting With Jack and free on Friday.  First though a look at what I have been up to this week :)



I have a sign in my craft room that says "Don't forget to play".  This week I have been "playing" with alcohol inks.  I bought a selection from Ebay which were very reasonably priced.  There was an indigo blue, mermaid blue, meadow green, slate, currant and teak.

Now I changed printers last year and have been having some difficulty with my printing on glossy photo card.  The problem seems to be I now have an HP printer whereas before I had an Epson.  The Epson card does not work well with the HP printer. Having tried unsuccessfully with different settings I decided to put the gloss photo card to another purpose.  You are warned against using glossy photo card with alcohol inks because the coating is different, however I couldn't find anything to say what would happen so I decided to give it a go!

The first experiment I did was to put several drops of ink into a bowl of water, then dip in the card and leave to dry.  The pale ones you see are where I tried to get a second card out of each session.  I think I should have used a larger bowl with more surface area, but I was quite pleased with the results.  The second experiment was to put ink drops directly onto the wet card, you can see these are the circle ones.  The blue was very strong and it also came out with bigger drips than the others.    

Join me for the second part tomorrow, meanwhile here are some circle stickers for you.




 See you soon x

3 comments:

Nana Connie said...

What a great way to "play," Angela! I have some alcohol inks gathering duct on a shelf in the craft room and I may have to dig them out and do a bit of playing myself. :-D

Edwina said...

Angela, Thank you for the freebies. Love your alcohol ink experiments. I think they are pretty. I like the blues. Edwina brown

Teresa Arsenault said...

It is fun to experiment with different techniques. I must remember to do that and to play with my supplies. Thanks. You have inspired me. hugs, Teresa